How Much Does An Outdoor LED Business Sign Cost?
It’s common for many of our first-time customers to call us thinking they are cutting to the chase by asking flat out, “How much does an outdoor LED business sign cost?” Now, LED signs can start around $12,000 up to $50,000 – all depending on a list of features and options you choose. If you’re looking for custom signs, those may cost a little more. Let’s get back to this common question – first off, It’s a tough question to answer. This is because there’s a wide range of different variables involved that can add/subtract from the end price of the sign you want to buy. It would be great to list a pricing range, but it’s impossible to get a clear price without asking the right questions. This is why we always suggest taking advantage of the free sign quote.
Sure, some sign companies can give you a few different quotes to compare. However, this is a terrible way to go about it. For starters, the purpose, location and budget determines a lot of the functionality you’re going to need. Let me give you a good example.
Let’s say you want to purchase a new computer. Do you want the latest model, what size, which manufacturer, what cores, what SSD, what features, etc. Until you know exactly what you want or determine the features, the price of each outdoor LED sign will depend on exactly what that looks like. This is why it’s tough to just list a price and stand behind the pricing range.
What Features And Options Are Available For Outdoor LED Sign For Business?
To help you get closer to choosing the right business sign, we’ll go over all the different features and options you’ll have to decide on.
- Sign Size: As you likely already know, the bigger the sign, the higher the price. This is mainly due to the cost of materials being used to build the sign. The more material you use, the higher the price goes. Indoor neon signs are inexpensive, but as the size of the sign increases, so does the estimated costs.
- Single Or Double Sided: This is an option you’ll have to consider. If you can get away with a one-sided LED sign, your price is going to be a lot lower. Still, if you need to capture traffic going both ways, you’re going to want to make sure you have a double-sided sign – well worth the investment as you don’t want to miss out on potential new customers.
- Brand: The brand you use for your outdoor LED business sign can also influence price. Which brand are you buying? There’s a number of brands we use, such as Samsung, LG, Daktronics, Watchfire, and others. There are many brands to choose from and all offer different levels of quality.
- Amount Of Panels: Each LED sign consists of individual panels that make up the LED bulbs, cooling fans, and wiring. The panels are housed in a surrounding cabinet and a variety of other components, these will generally have a fixed cost.
- Warranty: Warranties are important, what type of warranty are you being offered? Some sign companies have different options to consider before you buy your sign, so make sure you’re thinking about that.
- Pixel Pitch (Bulbs Per Panel): The amount of LED bulbs per panel will also influence what you pay for your business sign. The higher the pixel pitch, the higher the price will be.
- Housing Of Sign: You can save money on your LED sign if you’re posting it on a pole or pylon. However, if you want a monument style encasement for the LED sign, the cost is going to be more.
- Sign Combination: LED signs can be combined with other types of signs, such as carved, electric or channel letters. Think of it like a sign within a sign, this is really what it is. For this choice, it can add a higher cost to your sign.
- Dealer Or Installer: You should always evaluate the dealer or installer. How many years of experience do they have? Do they have a proven track record? Are the techs factory trained? Does the sign dealer have the proper equipment to service the sign you need? Will it be a professional business sign?
- Manufacturer: Where is the product manufactured and assembled? Will parts be available after initial sale? How long will it take to get them? How much down time will there be?
- Municipality Regulations: Outdoor LED signage, often regulated by townships that have clear codes based on zoning and other factors, may determine the answer to many of the above features. Size, materials, light emittance and more will need to conform to your zoning ordinance.
Once we get a clear example of what the exact needs are, budget and zoning ordinances of your particular location, we can then create an accurate estimate on your LED sign. We do want to make sure we give you an example so you know the ballpark pricing at the very least. Below, we’ve shared a few examples of the cost of LED Signs from the high end down to the low end.
- Most Expensive LED Sign: 7’ tall x 11’ wide x 8mm (high definition) double sided: $92,000.00 or $1,900.00 per month for 60 months
- Middle of the Road LED Sign: 5’ tall x 10’ wide x 16mm double sided: $31,430.00 or $690.00 per month for 60 months.
- Least Expensive LED Sign: 4’ tall x 8’ wide x 16mm single sided wall mount: $18,500.00 or $400.00 per month for 60 months
Buy Outdoor LED Signs For Your Business Today
Here at LED Supply & Custom Signs, our team works with you to design and create beautifully outdoor LED business signs for your business, events, or marketing. Every business should have business signs, having the opportunity to create your own business sign is a cool feature. We hope this answers your ‘How much does an outdoor LED sign cost?’ At the very least, we hope this has helped you to understand the different variables, options, and considerations you’ll have to make choosing what type of LED sign is right for your business or organization.
If you have any additional questions, need help, or want to request a quote, you can always reach us through this link.